Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Motor Reversing

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:12:17 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 10/18/10 1:04 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:27:39 -0500,
wrote:
Are you going to at least give credit to the websites from which you
cut-n-pasted all this?

Sorry - I believe it was originally published on the internet by
motorera.com
Not sure where it came from before that, as I have seen it in several
different places.

Riiiiiiight. You're saying you typed it out, verbatim, from memory
Rainman? :-p

OK, I found the "original" source - Pop Mechanics July 1978 -Brakes
- A Century of Progress.by Morton Schultz. (starts on Page 132)
The MotorEra site does not attribute the text to Mr Schultz.

And as for an earlier question - re electric brakes, Seimens is
working on an EWB system - electronic wedge brake - that uses a
moroized wedge to apply a disk brake. This will allow true antilock
braking where the system pre-emtively reduces braking pressure BEFORE
the wheel locks, and it can react much more quickly than hydraulics.