Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Wattage of a typical NYC-like sodium street lamp?

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Awl --

Inyone know?

The bulbs themselves come anywhere from 50W to 250W, proly more.. I spose
I could climb up and ampprobe a wire real quick, before the police
arrive....

Sodium puts out about 6x the lumens per watt of an incandescant.

I'm asking because I have to illuminate some dark areas around Le Hovel,
from my property, and want it to resemble the existing (or in this case,
non-existing) street lighting, at about the same brightness.

I called my town's light peeple, but DATS a shot in the, uh, dark, bleeve
me....

These are like NYC street lites, the tall pole, with about a 6' arm coming
out, edison-like base.
Not the decorative type lites, that are just vertical.

--
EA

Sodium and metal halide lights are very similarly shaped. Make sure you are
comparing apples with wingnuts.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.