Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default And HD..... Wattage of a typical NYC-like sodium street lamp?

Existential Angst wrote:

Heh, Armageddon must be near: Yonkers DID know the wattage!!! WTF????

150 W, about 25 ft in height.
That's about like a 1,000 W incandescant.

So I figger a 70W would be more than enough, mebbe even a 50 would do.
He said they also use 70's in other fixtures.

The bulbs I saw at a local hardware store said 24,000 hours, as well.

No more Lovers' Lane around Angst's house.... no more condoms.....

Oh, heavens! For that, just put up a sign: "Smile: You're on Video
Surveillance!" with a couple of dummy camera-looking boxes. ;-)

Good Luck!
Rich