Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default "Heatballs" - Their time has come

On Oct 18, 7:34*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"Robert Green" wrote:
DerbyDad03" wrote in message

stuff snipped since this side thread has drifted

(My favorite was always "Space Monkey Mafia" )

--
Bobby G.

What I love doing is pointing out to my "kids" (18 - 24) how many of
"their" songs are remakes of songs from my generation. I love pointing
out to them that many of the artists that they listen to fit into one
of 2 groups:

1 - They don't know how to write quality music so they remix the great
songs from my generation.
2 - They know how to write quality music, but they also recognize
quality writing when they see it and give tribute by remixing it.

You're more charitable than I am. *Remixing always equalled creative
bankruptcy to me, but I realize that's just a personal opinion. *

Every so often there is an exception. * * For the most part I agree
with you- but a couple years ago I stumbled over Israel "IZ"
Kamakawiwo'ole's rendition of Over the Rainbow. * * * * For most of my
life it was my opinion that the most beautiful song ever sung was Judy
Garland's 'Over the rainbow' -- Izzy edges her out of #1;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr...eature=related

Edges her out...? His version takes her version, bends it over his
knee, spanks it and sends hers home to her mommy...and I like her
version!

First time I remember hearing that was in that Adam Sandler movie 50
First Dates. Excellent soundtrack movie, and that song was the
highlight. Thanks for posting it.