Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jaugustine@verizon.net is offline

Default Icom IC-7000 VHF/UHF Transceiver "Adjustment Mode"

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the Watt report on your radio. I assume you used a
low SWR antenna or a wide frequency range quality dummy load.

Since I recently purchased this IC-7000 from the estate of a SK,
I am unaware of a firmware upgrade, but it might be a good idea to
check the Icom forum, if there is one at Icom's web site?

I will be checking for one in the next day or so.

Again Thank You, John N3AOF

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 00:34:01 -0400, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Just to see if the number, which is hexadecimal (digits from 0 - 9 plus
A - F) changes located above the F1, F2 buttons, by turning the Dial,
you don't need to input an audio tone.

John-

Now I see what you are getting at. The Hex digits did not change when I
turned the dial.

My numbers for 430M:

MIN 08
25% 41 00C8
50% 6B 018C
100% 0273
MAX A8

I checked power output on 430 (23 Watts) and 146 MHz (35 Watts) in FM
mode. I did not check voltage under load. I'm using a little MFJ-4125P
25 Amp switching supply.

Do you know if there has been a firmware upgrade for this radio?

Fred
K4DII