Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Wattage of a typical NYC-like sodium street lamp?

On Oct 18, 11:06*am, "Existential Angst" wrote:
Awl --

Inyone know?

The bulbs themselves come anywhere from 50W to 250W, proly more.. *I spose I
could climb up and ampprobe a wire real quick, before the police arrive.....

Sodium puts out about 6x the lumens per watt of an incandescant.

I'm asking because I have to illuminate some dark areas around Le Hovel,
from my property, and want it to resemble the existing (or in this case,
non-existing) street lighting, at about the same brightness.

I called my town's light peeple, but DATS a shot in the, uh, dark, bleeve
me....

These are like NYC street lites, the tall pole, with about a 6' arm coming
out, edison-like base.
Not the decorative type lites, that are just vertical.

--
EA

My local utility (Public Service Electric & Gas) will sell you street
lights for your parking lot or whatever. I'm sure they can give you
some help.

http://www.pseg.com/business/local_g...g/security.jsp

Security & Roadway Lighting
Effective lighting is one of your most powerful tools for fighting
crime, enhancing safety and reducing potential liability. PSE&G offers
a comprehensive selection of lighting products for roadways, loading
docks, building facades and signs — even vandal-resistant, low-glare
street lighting. No matter what challenges your site presents, PSE&G
lighting professionals can help you implement lighting solutions that
protect your employees, your customers and your property.

"Our strategic lighting solutions can help you fight crime, improve
safety and reduce liability."

Our experienced representatives are ready to help!
For specification and design assistance, call PSE&G at 1-800-664-4761