Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cpvh@o2.co.uk is offline

Default shaver sockets and bathroom bonding

On 16 Oct, 03:02, John Rumm wrote:

SNIP

The purpose of the EQ bonding is to limit the maximum *touch voltage one
can be exposed to. If the bond is too far away or made using too thin a
wire then this voltage could exceed the 50V allowed. Hence the
requirement that it is "close" to the room. That can mean in the rood
adjacent etc. If the CU were the other side of the wall or in the room
below, then you could make a fair case for that being close enough.

Hi John,

I presume by "could be in the rood adjacent" you meant the room
adjacent, rather than the road adjacent (which is what I first thought
of) you might like to correct the wiki if the error is there also.

Cheers

Chris
(not normally picky, but it pays to get electrickery right).