Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Toby is offline

Default Drilling on a curve?

"Pete Zahut" wrote in message
I've got a couple of wall lights for use in the bedroom. They're actually
meant to be permanently wired but I need to add flex to them so that I can
plug them into a standard 13A socket. There's a picture here
http://www.thelightingsuperstore.co....roductid=44427 and,
although these are not the actual fittings I've got, this illustrates the
problem very well.

The bottom of the fitting is curved and I need to drill a hole to take a
rubber grommet that will then allow an entry for some black 3-core 0.5mm
flex. I've never tried to drill on a curve before - any particular
techniques to it?

TIA

Not really in my experience - Assuming the material is metal, like the one
you linked to, to avoid the drill bit wandering, you would be best off using
a centre punch to mark where you want the hole first.

--
Toby...
Remove pants to reply