Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Heatballs" - Their time has come

Larry, I like how you think. Good job, mate.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Larry W" wrote in message
In article ,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

So
what's your answer? I'm still not sure, but it seems to me that
incandescents are more "efficient" in that way--in other words, more
of
their energy gets converted to heat than light, proportionally,
compared
with CFLs. Right?

No, all energy use results in heat; 100W in = 100W out. When the
light
strikes an object, that which doesn't get reflected heats the object.

A 25 watt CFL placed at a window will not heat the room it is in as
much
as a 25W bulb placed at the same window.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland - lwasserm(a)sdf.
lonestar.org