Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do low-speed fans on new warm air oil furnaces run all the time?

Ideally, a furnace is matched for the size of the house, and matched
to the needs. It should run nearly all the time on the winter's
coldest days.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mm" wrote in message

I've heard similar complaints about heat pumps that don't put out a
burst of heat but give even temperature control.

That's different though. A heat pump can't put out that much heat.
So I gather they run all the time when it's pretty cold, so I guess
they have to run the fan too.

An oil furnace can put out plenty of heat, and even if the temp rises
and falls, that don't bother me**. My main concern is if I can set
the fan to go on only when the furnace is running (not counting that
it starts late and stops late even now, based on I guess what hr said,
plenum temperature). I want to be able to do that.

Do furnaces with ECM allow that? Because there are still plenty of
oil furnaces sold that DON'T have ECM.

Thanks.

I can't ask the manufacturer easily because I haven't picked out
either a furnace company or a furnace, and some salesmen will just say
"Sure".

**The temp rise and fall is like a compresed version of the seasons!