Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Glue for sticking carbon fibre to alloy

In message
, RJS
writes
On 17 Oct, 18:35, geoff wrote:
In message
, RJS
writes

On 17 Oct, 13:39, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

that tends to stick better than epoxy. With epoxy you need to load it a
bit with a filler, clean degrease and scuff the ally, and use moderated
heat to get the epoxy well mixed and runny enough to get into the
aluminium scratches.

Any tips or solutions would be gratefully received.

Richard

Thanks

I've found that JB Weld is generally better than Araldite - but I've
never used a decent epoxy only ever Araldite.

I've found that JB Weld is very difficult to find.

Does your local car accessory shop not stock it ?

CPC just down the road from you has it

--
geoff

Hi Geoff

What did you search the CPC site for? I've plugged 'JB Weld' in and
found nothing. It would be great if I could find a supplier.

I didn't search, I've ordered it from there in the past

I was assuming they would still have it

else, I expect I've got some at work, I normally order half a dozen at a
time (JB Quick, though) - I'll check tomorrow

By the way, pictures of the tripod can be seen he
http://richard2808.fotopic.net/c1907473.html

Cheers

Richard

--