Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Tiles: What Can Be Used Where ?

On 10/16/2010 10:24 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 22:20:11 -0400, wrote:

On 10/16/2010 10:17 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 18:29:13 -0700, "Steve
wrote:

wrote
A floor tile can be used anywhere. I frequently see them used on walls and
showers in higher end homes in my area. Some of the smaller sizes can make
nice looking counters if a tile counter is your style.

--
Colbyt
Please come visit

Tile countertops .......... Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Tile makes great countertops. Grout, OTOH, sucks on countertops. ;-)

That is why you make the counter out of One Big Tile.

:^/

...or very small counters.

The builder couldn't find tile big enough for our counters, so used big rocks.
;-)

That is sorta what I meant. Tile /= ceramic or clay.

Of course, those of us lower on the food chain will have to make do with
nice cheap 40 year lifespan plastic laminate.
--
aem sends...