Silvan

Default What can you with a lathe?

wrote:

I ain't gonna give up a chainsaw, but you've got a box of blanks headed
you way. Try turning some of that pine you've got lying around, and any
poplar that you can find.

I wonder how much wood I could get into a backpack? I know a place with a
lot of deadfall that isn't on National Forest land, so I could remove the
wood without going to prison, but it can't be reached by any sort of
vehicle.

Take a helluva long time to get a tree out one backpack at a time, wouldn't
it?

I'll have to go see what the wood actually is, to decide if any of it is
worth thinking about that kind of effort. It's a six mile hike to the wood
and back.

It fell a few years ago, so it won't be green. It might be spalted though.
Might be walnut or something for all I know.

Could be good for my assal fattalitis.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/