Posted to alt.home.repair
Country[_2_] Country[_2_] is offline

Default Took out the old Furnace

When my Heat Pump was installed a few years ago we just pulled the old
fuel oil furnace over to the side. I'm going to make a run to the
scrap metal place next week so I decided to take the old furnace too.

I had to take it out of the basement by myself so I decided to
disassemble it and remove it piece by piece. It was incredibly easy. I
took a bucket in the basement with me to throw all the screws in but
the thang only had a hand full of screws holding it together.

The combustion chamber was too heavy for me to lift but I have an
outside entrance (Bilco Door) to the basement so I pulled it over to
the steps and laid on the steps against a plank and ran a chain out to
the yard and hooked it to the garden tractor and pulled that heavy
assed thing right up the stairs.

More room in that little ole basement now.