Posted to rec.woodworking
John John is offline

Default Removing sanding sleeves

Hi again. The oscillating spindle sander is a PC SA350K bench model. The
unit came with the sanding sleeves already attached to the respective drums.
When the drum is attached to the bench unit, the attachment nut compresses
the drum and presses against the sleeve. When I remove the sleeve and drum
from the bench unit, I find it extremely difficult to remove the worn-out
sanding sleeve from the rubber drum. I assumed that someone in this group
has had a similar problem and could guide me properly. I THINK that I could
lay the worn sleeve and drum on the bench and press the sides of the drum to
EXPAND the already compressed drum. I hope.

John

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:28:33 -0400, "John" wrote:

I recently purchased a PC oscillating drum sander. Works well.

I am not sure about method(s) of removing the sleeves from the drum
without
damaging the rubber on the drum. I am sure someone out there has an east
method. (Someone recommended cutting the sleeve)

John

John.. Did your PC sander come with a manual?
Doesn't look like anyone here is familiar with that unit..
Sometimes, you just have to RTFM to get an answer....

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing