Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Push Fit Waste Pipes

On 16 Oct, 16:51, "newshound" wrote:
"Jim K" wrote in message

On 16 Oct, 08:30, harry wrote:
On 15 Oct, 16:58, "John" wrote:

Do I stand any chance of getting some 1.5 inch (38mm) waste pipe and
fittings in brown?

An elbow has rotted in the sun and the pipe is also looking a bit
grainy.

I can only find 40mm in white, grey or black. I don't really want to
change
and have to make my inside fittings adapt.

Incidentally - how come builders never seem to be able to plan to but
the
outside gully trap directly below where the sink waste emerges -
necessitating a pipe at an angle? Apathy??

You generally find that with push fit, the pipes and fittings are non-
interchangable between manufacturers. The only other thing you can
use is the compression type which fits everything.

er...no... these days all majors make pipe to BStandards

e.g. Wickes leaflet on cover page - compatibility table:-

http://www.wickes.co.uk/content/ebiz...ges/gil/73.pdf

Jim K

But the original brown Bartol was back in the old days.....I remember them
well....

er....??
(then Harry's "general" comments specifically do not apply to the odd
historic "anomaly" then, just all the rest...;)

Jim K