Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael B Michael B is offline

Default Tiles: What Can Be Used Where ?

On Oct 15, 6:03*pm, Bob wrote:
Hi,

My son was in HD the other day, and a salesperson told him:
that it is possible to use floor tile for walls, but not wall tile for
floors.

He probably should have pursued this a bit with him.

I can't imagine what the salesperson was thinking.

I imagine that Ceramic tiles can be used anywhere. *True ?

But what he might have been thinking, I can't imagine.

Any idea re what type of tiles can be used where, etc. ?

Thanks,
Bob

I'll bet you've gone into a restaurant where the floor
can be very slick when it got wet. The floor tiles need
enough texture to keep that from happening.
So if he considers a tile for the floor, have him take a
sample to the restroom, run water on it and the bottom
of his shoe, and see how it would do.