Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default DTV clock screwed up

Using a set-top DTV converter, analog TV. Works fine, except for about a
week now the clock appears to be an hour slow.

I say "the clock" as if it's part of the converter, but apparently the
box gets the time from the TV stations; I notice the time changes
slightly from channel to channel sometimes. But every channel shows the
clock an hour behind. All other info--program titles, etc.--seems to be
correct.

Any way to fix this? The only options that can be set through the
on-screen menu a

o Clock: Time zone is selectable (correctly set to Pacific)
Daylight saving option is set to "Auto"

Can't see anything else that can be tweaked here.

So does the STB get the time from the stations? Is there an internal
clock? If so, why can't I set it?