Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Panel Edge Glue-ups Without Jointing?

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:53:22 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:

WWII is a combination blade. I don't have one and have never felt the
need so can't say whether it gives a finish better than any of the
blades I do have, however I would not expect any combination blade to
give a finish as good as a purpose made rip or crosscut blade doing rip
or crosscut respectively.

I used to use the Freud rip and crosscut blades and they did a great
job. But since I bought a Freud Fusion I don't switch blades very often
- it's that good. But it's still not quite as good as the Freud rip
blade. It seems to be better than the Freud crosscut blade. And I no
longer use a plywood blade at all.