Dennis Martin

Default Grizzly G0444Z Question--no reply from Grizzly

(Jeff) wrote in message . com...
A sort of newbie here, I have done construction and historical
renovation plenty but have never turned out a real piece of furniture.

I having been looking (or drooling) over a nice table saw for a while,
I have narrowed the search to the Grizzly G0444Z and the Bridgewood
TSC-10CL, the Ridgid 3650 is in the back of my mind, but too much. I
am leaning toward the Grizzly and have sent two emails to the customer
service link on their website and have gotten no response. Maybe
someone who owns one can help me out. The price limit for me is
$600.00, as I think I can get more saw than I will ever probably need
for that amount.

1. Is the saw left or right tilt? I think I want a left tilt for the
kickback issues.

2. Does it come with a link style belt like the Bridgewood does (or
at least their website says it does)? Grizzly advertises that it
comes with a machined pulley.

Thanks for the great wealth of information here. It makes it hard to
choose between the two saws at this point. Either one would have to
be shipped to me, there is not a dealer that I can find within 3 hours
of here (Knoxville, TN) for the Bridgewood and Grizzly for obvious
reasons. Thanks again.

I am new to this type of forum, but am a woodworking enthusiast. I
have have had my new GO444Z for about 2 weeks now and I am totally
thrilled. Have been a carpenter for 25 years and I have seen a lot of
different TS's, but for the money this one is a hit. Everthing is
heavy duty. The CI tables are flat and true and polished like a
mirror.I even screwed up a little when I was cleaning off the gunk, by
using a scour pad on a little spot.I do not have a dial indicator, but
checking the runout and slot alignment the neaderthal way, every thing
was right on out of the box.My biggest concern about buying this new
model was the new ShopFox Alumaclassic fence. Grizzly called it "rock
solid" in their ad, and I'm here to tell you that it is. Biesmeyer
clone, and of very good quality.The only thing that was not of good
quality was the guard over the belt, so I just took it off, not a big
deal.The bottom of the miter guage is not real smooth, and I'm afraid
of scratching the nice table finish. I think I will try and epoxy some
HDPE to the bottom of it. The 2HP motor pulls 12 amps at 220V and
didn't even think about slowing down ripping 2" oak. Overall I would
buy this saw again in a
minute. The saw is a right tilt, and comes with a v-belt. I purchased
the ShopFox mobile base with the saw, and I think my total with
shipping was $667. Hope this helps answer a few questions.

"Trust in the Lord"