Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default Icom IC-7000 VHF/UHF Transceiver "Adjustment Mode"

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 08:37:50 -0700, Jerry G. wrote:

Do a web search for iCom. They will answer your questions...

I would suspect a problem in the final output, or in the drivers. If you
have the service manual, follow through by verifying the supply voltages
to the final and modulator sections. Also, verify the carrier
amplitude.

I don't know the unit, but also check in the user book to see if there
are any settings for reduced power output.

I am assuming that all the standard procedures of antenna match and etc
has been done...

1. Make sure the SWR on the UHF antenna is 1.5:1 or below. If ok it could
be the hybrid output device. Not knowing the 7000 I would assume that it
would have a separate output device for UHF. However I would verify the
power input to the device and its voltage and AGC circuits before deeming
it bad.