Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default odd motor odor

Karl Townsend wrote:

Well, I started up the new fan motor on the apple cooler and got an
odd odor from it. As I'm storing big $ (for me) of fresh fruit, I shut
it down after an hour. let the room clear and ran all night on just
the second cooler. tried again this morning and odor returned. So
we've limped all day on one cooler. One cooler will hold temp as long
as we don't remove, wash, and bring warm fruit back in. Something
I've GOT to do shortly.

I'd think after two hours it would clear, but no joy. Anybody heard of
this?

Karl

I haven't read the other replies yet but if it isn't a tefc motor, maybe hot dead mouse
carcase.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller