Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Transistor ID...

tmcw wrote:
Posted this at sci.electronics.basics; got redirected to here. Hope
someone can help:

Have a broken inverter on a 2000fp Dell LCD monitor.

One of the transistors is visibly fried on the board.

Can anyone help me ID what type of transistor it is, and where I
could
source a replacement?

Markings on it: DT QX

Q12 in the photo linked below.

Photo: http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u...0fp_Invert.jpg

Thanks.

I sort of like the layout of that board.

I was just working on a Vivitar 285 camera flash- talk about pile of junk
that looks like, and was designed in the 1970s. Parts crammed in every
direction, wires all over the place, strange daughterboards, junk and
spacers that just fall out once you open it etc. Yuck.