Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_12_] Josepi[_12_] is offline

Default Motor Reversing

That happens freuently to my Milwalkee 12V drill. The brake stops the
insides but the chuck wants to keep on going and undoes itself and the bit
falls out. The chuck even appears to have a dual gear ratio tightening
mechanism.

"Steve Turner" wrote in message
Valid point, but again, we're not talking about a Saw-Stop equivalent here,
only a "convenience" brake that stops the blade in a second or two. Unless
you've dangerously under-tightened the arbor nut (or ridiculously
over-engineered the brake) that's not likely to cause enough centrifugal
force
to loosen the arbor nut.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/