Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_3_] Robatoy[_3_] is offline

Default Home Depot and paint

In article
,
Robatoy wrote:

On Oct 12, 12:54*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 10/12/2010 11:44 AM, Robatoy wrote:

polyester clad doors

I've seen windows and exterior doors with a baked on polyester finish,
but never wooden kitchen doors.

Got any more info ...

Thanks, Rob!

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Sorry... the feed from Google had a hiccup again, I'll get on it and
find more info for you.

So far, polyester goes through about 20 steps. The people at NEFF
kitchens go through 29.

"The technique might involve more than 20 steps of sanding and
finishing. Therešs even a step where a special topcoat is applied in a
dust-free (!) room. The finish goes through numerous oven curings and
hand sandings with extremely fine abrasives. Special glazes and polishes
applied at the end help achieve the final, mirror-like sheen.

Perhaps not surprisingly, all that elbow grease makes this one of the
more expensive finish choices."

So, IMHO, as a finish to do yourself, seems too crazy. I mean, ovens and
special spray gear..too silly.

So now I look for people who do this for you. Woodweb, my goto site
isn't much help yet.