Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default odd motor odor

Karl, I'd much rather hear about your fan motor woes than the latest
extreme rant about people who must be idiots because they're not on the
same extreme as the ranter.

Glad to know I've got one freind left.

Maybe you should post a picture of your motor adapter to the drop box,
for some real metalworking content.

Not on your life. This little job was a cluster F%#&.

I grabbed a piece of mystery metal and couldn't get it to weld right.
The result looked like a very sick chicken had just dropped by.

Then I couldn't get the slots milled, went through three endmills. At
least now the welding problem made sense. Tool steel don't weld well
and don't machine at all after your try to weld.

Then I found a measuring error and had to widen the slots.

Then I found the special 220 plug and wire was too short cause the
motor connections were on the other side, so I spliced in an extra
piece of wire.

Then I found the new base hit the special plug in for the above and I
had to hacksaw an indent. I would have milled it but the base already
looked like a failed abortion.

Karl