Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus15574 Ignoramus15574 is offline

Default odd motor odor

On 2010-10-14, Wild_Bill wrote:
Finding a ~1150 RPM fan motor isn't a difficult task, they're relatively
abundant. I was recently looking for a 1/2 HP 650 RPM motor for a
whole-house ventilation fan (blade dia ~34"), and I was finding many more of
the 1000-1200 RPM motors.

Surplus suppliers generally have a wide range of new motors, and there are a
lot of surplus dealers.

But these guys that come to the group posting their almost-daily problems
always have a better idea, so it turns out that their problems are more
difficult for them to resolve.

Feeling slightly ****y today?

Uncomfortable that people ask metal related questions here?

If someone at a motor shop told him that a ~1150 RPM motor was uncommon, he
must have given them a reason to want him out of their shop.

It's a fan motor, ferfuxsake.