Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default How do you tell premix

On Oct 13, 9:59*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
Today, I had a gallon of gas that had been set aside. *I had remembered that
I had made up a gallon of JUST premix for the chainsaw.

I was wondering if I had straight gas or premix. *I looked at the little oil
bottles, and the oil in them was blue. *I poured some of the gas from the
can into a clear plastic bottle, and sure enough, it was blue. *So, I was
pretty confident that this was premix.

Other than labeling, and that can get screwed up, is there a way to tell if
gas in a can is straight gas or premix? *I have several brands of two stroke
oil, and I'm not sure if it is all colored or not. *Is it? *Or is gas just
clear, and premix has a color tinge to it one way or another?

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
*http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Consider the relative cost of a new implement against the cost of a a
bottle of 2cycle oil of unknown fuel.

No contest. Dump the gallon into your mower or other low-tech engine
and mix a new batch!

Harry K