Lee Blaver

Default Swapping meter tails - no consumer fuse

wrote:

Tails then go from the junction box to the consumer unit.
My plan is to carefully remove the old consumer unit tails from the
live terminals using an insulated screwdriver, then fit new consumer
unit and new tails.

Eeeeeeek! You (or I) *really* don't want to be doing that. "Live working"
is something to train for carefully, needing planning ("what if the wire
springs back, what will it touch") and well-tested tools and kit (VDE-rated
insulation, thick insulating mat). It's a *really* *really* poor idea to
improvise. Even more so on an installation you're already saying is
(to use a technical term of art) crap.

I thought the OP said he was going to remove the tails from the Henley
block, surely the tail won't actually be live once it's removed from the
block will it?
Or am I missing something obvious?

Agree with the point about the rest of the installation though, probably
best not to actually attempt to connect any of it back up...

Lee

--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com