Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Motor Reversing

On 10/14/10 12:58 PM, Robatoy wrote:
Any disc or drum of any size will interfere with the raising of the
blade to the point that the disk brake hits the bottom of the table
somewhere.

I propose an air bag. Electronically triggered, it throws you
backwards across the shop and away from the table saw. Punches you
right in the chest with the option for a double bag for some people
here in which case the second bag knocks some sense in them. We can
glue on a boxing glove for that operation...just a 4 oz. one; you want
it to hurt a little.
One can mount the boxing glove on an expanding multi-pivot articulated
parallelogram.
What a stellar idea.
I'm talking to investors now.
They want to call the company ACME.