Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Motor Reversing

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 08:50:21 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

As a guy who has done all of his own vehicle maintenance for 40
years now, I have to ask what you observed in your experiences, that
causes you to make this statement? I don't know if the brake
caliper idea is the most elegant solution, but I sure can't see
anything in what you are saying that would suggest it is not a
workable solution.

Suitable placement of an air nozzle tube to clear the caliper frame
every hour or so would go far into making this device work for more
than an hour. You'd have to keep the sawdust from piercing the seals
and/or building up on the frame

Not at all Larry, if you consider what a normal brake caliper in an
automobile is subject to. In comparison, the environment inside a table saw
would be a walk in the part of a caliper.

--

-Mike-