Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 15A outlets on 20A circuits

On Oct 13, 10:08*pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:30:46 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:29:30 -0500, wrote:

For example, they even put a green ground screw on switches
now. *WHY? *If the switch is in a metal box, it's grounded by the
screws, but even in a plastic box, that small piece of metal on the
front of the switch is covered by a plastic plate.

You are only properly grounded in a metal box if the device is listed
as self grounding (a spring or brass clip on the yoke)
In a plastic box, there is no guarantee the plate will be plastic and
you still have metal screws. Before the grounded switches, *they only
allowed plastic screws on switch plates but that rule was not followed
much either

.In almost 60 years I've NEVER seen a plastic plate screw.

They do exist:http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/0610...Switchplat...- Hide quoted text -

Yes, I've seen and used plastic plate screws too.