Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New material: epoxy

On 10/13/2010 1:44 PM spake thus:

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:37:04 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

A fun tip:

If you need to keep epoxy from sticking to something, coat the
something with vaseline.

Paste wax works every bit as well, and it won't "pollute" the epoxy.
Vaseline can retard or weaken the resin - not positive about epoxy -
but definitely not good with Polyester.

This actually came into play as well; as I had to reattach the door
hardware so my friend could actually use it, I was worried about the
handle sticking to the epoxy (even though it seemed solid, I wasn't
positive it was completely cured), so I attached it with pieces of waxed
paper between it and the door.

- Comment from an article on Antiwar.com (
http://antiwar.com)