Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Motor Reversing

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 23:16:27 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article ,
says...

As I stated posters seem to lean towards the technology they are comfortable
with.

The mechanics would be a nightmare to me, also. To others the electronics
would be a nightmare.

Contactor and resistor?...way too complicated.

So tell us how to wire an induction motor to make the "contactor and
resistor" work.

On an induction motor the process is a bit different. Instead of a
resistor across the motor to stop it you use "DC Injection" - in other
words throw about 40 volts DC across the winding for about 2 seconds.