Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Motor Reversing

Steve Turner wrote in
:

*snip*

Of course, right there in the description they're calling it a push
"stick", which I think is erroneous. When I hear "push stick", I
think of one of these pieces of crap:

http://woodzone.com/Merchant2/graphi...push-stick.jpg

which I would *never* use; they give me the willies. For plywood,
it's entirely plausible to use a "push block"

*snip*

Trust your feelings, Steve.

I used that style of push stick for years, until I was cutting a small
piece and pressure on only the one point caused the piece to move and
catch on the back of the blade. The resulting kickback hit me in the
dust mask and broke the push stick. I will not use that style again.

Puckdropper