Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Motor Reversing

In article ,
says...

On 10/13/10 12:06 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
On 10/13/2010 12:00 PM, Bill wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
Someone brought SawStop into the discussion, which took things on a
tangent.
We started out discussing the OP's link to a set of motor reversing
instructions as a way to slow down the blade for convenience. Then I
proposed the use of a bicycle brake... and things went from there.

Properly done, I bicycle brake sounds like a good idea! I'd hate to
read about flying parts.

AHEM. I believe *I* was the one who proposed the use of the bicycle
brake. That -MIKE- character is trying to steal my idea. :-)

Welllll, looks like I own someone a beer.
Yeppers, I said, "...aftermarket saw brake, under the table.... pads or
rollers or whatever, that would squeeze the blade," and then you brought
up the bike brake.

A good inventor is a better thief. :-)

And Nikolai Yvanovich Lobachevski is his _name_ . . .