Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Horne[_4_] Tom Horne[_4_] is offline

Default Propane generator for blackouts?

On Oct 12, 8:09*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Yes, about the cable phone.

I'm not sure if there is signal in the coax, when the power goes out.
There may be cable substations and all, which need power. I just don't
know.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

The line amplifiers require public power to operate and the back up
battery duration is often quite limited. During one prolonged power
outage here the cable company was placing loud, construction type,
generators on their maintenance platforms to maintain service. With
power out to all the homes the noise was deafening. After some of the
affected people started just shoving the generators off of the
platforms to fall to the street in order to shut them up the cable
company smartened up and started using Honda and Yamaha inverter
generators that people could tolerate when they had to sleep with the
windows open. Their newer line amplifiers now come with larger
battery compartments so maybe now they can run all night without a
generator to supply them.
--
Tom Horne