Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jaugustine@verizon.net is offline

Default Icom IC-7000 VHF/UHF Transceiver "Adjustment Mode"

Hi,

I recently bought an Icom IC-7000 transceiver from the estate of a
"silent key". The UHF power output, although the radio is set to
"100 percent power" (all bands), puts out about 50 percent on the
UHF band. UHF watt meter indicates around 18 watts when it
should be 35 watts. Note: Other bands are just fine at 100 percent.

I downloaded the service manual from www.mods.dk and followed
the procedure to enter the "Adjustment" mode. However, I can not
change any settings beyond the "Total Gain (430)! My intention
was to increase the "100 percent" value, which is beyond the "Total Gain"
adjustments, to see if the power goes up. Note: I am using a proper dummy
load.

I couldn't find in the service manual or service manual addendum
any information regarding this issue.

By any chance, did you encounter the same situation?

Thank You in Advance, John N3AOF

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address