Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default Motor Reversing

On 10/13/2010 08:45 AM, Josepi wrote:
I doubt most people use a pusher stick to cut plywood sheets.

First of all, he never said what kind of wood he was cutting, but from what he *did* say I
kinda doubt it was a sheet of plywood. Secondly, I said push "jig", not push "stick", and I
meant one of these:

http://www.tablesawpushstick.com/ima...k%20Safety.jpg

Of course, right there in the description they're calling it a push "stick", which I think
is erroneous. When I hear "push stick", I think of one of these pieces of crap:

http://woodzone.com/Merchant2/graphi...push-stick.jpg

which I would *never* use; they give me the willies. For plywood, it's entirely plausible
to use a "push block"

http://woodzone.com/Merchant2/graphi...push-block.jpg

Unless it's a really big sheet of plywood, I use these whenever I can on larger panels to
keep them against the fence and my hands away from the blade. I use a GRR-Ripper for almost
everything else that requires close proximity to the blade.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.