Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Panel Edge Glue-ups Without Jointing?

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
On 10/12/10 4:32 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
Forrest Woodworker II is the standard.

I use an Oldham (now sold as Porter-Cable) Signature which does fine.

If you're working with stock less than 1 inch thick and are willing to
go with separate blades for rip and crosscut, the Freud LU85 and LM74
for crosscut and rip respectively would be good choices--Freud says that
they do better than the Freud rip and crosscut blades that I have and
the ones I have do a fine job.

I have a high-tooth Freud on there, now which has served me very well.
I can get that LM74 for under 60 bucks, but have been looking for an
excuse to get a WWII.

Are you saying the WWII will have as good a finish as the LM74?

I quit swapping blades when I bought a WWII. I get a cut when ripping
normal thickness stock that is shiney smooth with out tooth marks. You
might be able to get a better cut from another blade buty what would be the
point. As it is the edge does not have to be sanded for appearance sake.
Now if you are going to be ripping THICK stock you might opt for a rip
blade. 10+ years and I only use a rip blade for ripping 2x4's.