Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default 45 Colt brass redux

On 10/12/2010 10:45 PM, Califbill wrote:

Looking at new to me 45 acp. last 1911 I owned was stolen. Car wash, and
did not realize case was gone until later. Only place it could have been
ripped off. But since I have a few hundred rounds of ACP and reloader
for 45 acp, figure to get another. Glock, 1911? what is a nice weapon,
accurate and fun to shoot. No 2" barrel stuff.

I'd say it needs to be a 1911. Everyone should have at least one.
Hard to beat the Springfield Mil-Spec or Loaded models.
Taurus & RIA have more features for the money, but I just can't warm up
to those.
I'd also consider the new Remington 1911

--
I can see November from my front porch