B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default OT gloat =) possibly my lifetime gloat????

On 16 Jan 2004 05:21:35 -0800, (crk133) wrote:

i am a bit disappointed, you guys are generaly being a bit too
pessimistic. but i wont let that get me down as i will be rididng in
a nice and shiny pick- up for years to come

I personally think borrowing or accepting mega-gifts from the parents
or in-laws changes the taste of Thanksgiving dinner. It's not like it
hasn't come up on occasion, as both sets of parents have done quite
well in life.

My wife and I have GREAT relationships with my parents and in-laws.
I've often thought that standing on our own two feet has a lot to do
with it. Our siblings have accepted such help, and have vastly
different relationships with their parents. One of my wife's
sisters lives with the in-laws, with her eight year old son,
constantly complaining that she isn't treated like an adult.

I have done work for the in-laws, the latest job being custom made
cabinet doors I let them buy the materials. After the job was
complete, they thanked me with a Woodcraft gift certificate, which I
gladly accepted.

If you currently have a great car, and they offered to buy you an even
nicer model, things might be different. You are driving a crap-box,
they're worried about you, so they feel that they are helping you out.

They're bailing you out, dude.

Enjoy your new truck.

Barry