Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Waterproof a plywood cathouse?

dgk wrote:
On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:39:04 -0500, wrote:

Do you have any place to get some used or scrap sheet tin? Just
cover the roof with tin, and it will never leak again. Otherwise,
see if some roofer or anyone has some left over shingles, and just
nail them on as per the instructions on the package.

I can just buy some shingles but I thought that I needed to paper it
first. It's a (3 foot square) flat roof.

1st thing. Tilt it or something to get rid of the flat roof.

You could try a deck stain on it.

Tar paper alone would do it for a year or 2.

A scrap of roll roofing would do better. Shingle won't work on a roof with
insuficient slope.