Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Removing Rusty Nails from Wood

On Oct 10, 8:29*pm, sam wrote:
I got some old oak fence posts with nails in them. Of course, when
I try to take out the nails, they break off. Is there is ingenious
way to get these old nails out? When I plane down the good wood after
taking out the nails, this oak is just plain beautiful.

Thanks,

PS - Yes, I have a Lumber Wizard!

As you capitalized the words Rusty and Nails, I can, with a shiver,
remember that weekend in Montreal. She was a blonde. A blonde that
would have a bishop kick out a stained glass window.
White Russians an Rusty Nails.

Took a LOT to remove those Rusty Nails from my memory....and her. Red
leather jacket, high heels. Blonde curls covering her shoulders down
to her waist. She hailed from Strasbourg, Alsace Loraine.
1989. Thierry Boutsen won the F1 GP in the rain.

That weekend Stevie Ray played at McGill U (Leonard Cohen's alma
mater) what a show. A year later he was gone.