Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 45 Colt brass redux

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 17:00:27 -0400, Wes
wrote:

"Buerste" wrote:

If you had 109 .40 S&W cases with the same headstamp and I lived in pickup
range, I'd give
15 bucks tops. I think you did very well on this transaction.

Wes
--

I've got many hundreds and I don't have a .40. Why the same headstamp?

Because different manufacturers make different cases. The most noticable thing is case
thickness at the mouth. I've noticed that Remington tends to be thin in most samples I've
worked with of many calibres.

Resize a selection of random makers and then inside neck expand. You are going to notice
a difference that equates into bullet/case tension.

Wes

Ayup. Sometimes this makes a rather large deal in case life as well.

Very large deal

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)