Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 45 Colt brass redux

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 15:29:22 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Ignoramus2244" wrote in message
m...
Steve, you and I can do it because we have the right personalities (we
stick to what we know and pay very low). Many people are not capable
and do not like the legwork.

And others, because they cannot do it, deride those who can and do. I don't
do a lot of legwork. I have wanted to get out and see what I can really do
with some effort, but my list of honeydos, home improvements (current
kitchen remodel), and spats of health issues give me a fits and starts
performance.

So ignore the derision and quietly laugh at them for paying retail+
for everything they buy.

A relative of mine works at a prime Las Vegas Strip restaurant that has a
country and western theme. He called and asked us if we knew of anywhere we
could get him some stuff. We went looking, and in less than a week made
more than $4k.

You put that on your 1040 form as the IRS requires, too, didn't you?
Good lad.

were straight out of "American Pickers."

Whassat?

But, as you know, it's easy when you see something that is worth $500 and
the guy wants waaaaaaaaaaay less than that, it's almost sinful to take it.
I let the seller set the price, and may haggle downward. I NEVER lowball
anybody, offering $75 on a $500 item. Many times, they will come off with a
price that is LESS than what I have in mind.

Yeah, I always let them set the price, too. And when it's truly low,
I don't dicker. I just agree after bobbing my head back and forth
like a scale, weighing the transaction. They feel better and I get
the deal.

We are a dying breed, Ig. When the rest of the planet is starving, and the
wheels are falling off society, we'll just be rolling along saying, "What?"

Don't forget Gunner and me, too.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs