Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default 45 Colt brass redux

"Buerste" wrote:

If you had 109 .40 S&W cases with the same headstamp and I lived in pickup
range, I'd give
15 bucks tops. I think you did very well on this transaction.

Wes
--

I've got many hundreds and I don't have a .40. Why the same headstamp?

Because different manufacturers make different cases. The most noticable thing is case
thickness at the mouth. I've noticed that Remington tends to be thin in most samples I've
worked with of many calibres.

Resize a selection of random makers and then inside neck expand. You are going to notice
a difference that equates into bullet/case tension.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller