Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Motor Reversing

On 10/12/10 12:13 PM, Josepi wrote:
This was exactly my point.

The other thing, and unfair to the 17 teeth is OK defence is that the
SawStop pulls the blade away and down. It appears to be grabbed on the back
side of the blade and the inertia pulls the balde back and under the table
effectively removing the blade from the finger area. I doubt you would want
to do this everytime in a **NON**emergency stop. My guess is arbor bending
would set in after a few dozen of them.

Watch the videos (most have). This is no gentle stop for an armature and saw
blade of that intertia.

So the retort to the 17 teeth big damage people is still "How fast do you
push your finger?"

OTOH: Pushing the stock, slipping off, and back handing a running blade can
be different speeds.

I guess I don't know what we're debating, anymore.
I thought we were talking about slowing down the coast of a saw blade
after turning off the power. I guess we got on a tangent.

If it's you're mission to dream up ways to refute the effectiveness of
the SawStop technology... well, I'm off the boat, because you've lost
your mind. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)