Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Large wattage CFL with small base

On Oct 11, 4:50*pm, Art Todesco wrote:
I am looking for a high wattage CFL with a min-candelabra base. *I have
found 40 and 60 watt equivalent ones, but they are sadly very dim. *This
is for a small ceiling fan light that takes 2 such lamps. *The lamps are
behind a amber/white tinted bowl. *I figured that daylight CFLs might
give a little more light as *the bowl would filter the light to look
more like incandescent ... but no, it looks real weird and is still dim.
* I was going to try the so-called full-spectrum units, but I don't
think, without getting a larger wattage, it's going to matter. *BTW,
I've Googled this and found 1, but it was a daylight lamp and cost $18 a
pop.

Well, I've been searching for a 60 watt equivalent candelabra base
that's dimmable, in either a CFL or a LED. I'll let you know if I
find yours, if you let me know if you find mine!