Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Battery changes in clocks and smoke detectors and flashlights

I've had alkaline batteries leak. Due to old age, or due to being
recharged. I also had a whole 24 pack of Harbor Freight AA cells leak,
one time. They exchanged them, no questions.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

I have not had an alkaline battery leak in anything I own in over 10
years. Likely more than 15. The only one's I've EVER had leak were
ones left dead for a long time. I've had more problems with the old
carbon-zinc (manganese dioxide) type leaking and swelling - and I
haven't used many of them in the last TWENTY or more years.